Get Into Diving!
The Sport of Diving is very diverse. TO START, either decide to ease into it by EXPERIENCING SCUBA in a pool, Learn to simply SNORKEL, or Dive Right In & take the full scuba course, which is universally called "OPEN WATER DIVER".
If You like the water, then you'll Love Diving! There's no better time to start- the earlier the better. There's so much to enjoy down under that it would take a lifetime to see it all!
Listed below are the beginning courses of diving, all the particulars including times & prices. If you have any further question or would like to get started, then call or just come in!
At the bottom are planned Course Dates.
Click the "Plus" to expand each of the "Course" Details
This is your ticket to a lifetime of unique adventures! Becoming a "Certified Diver" takes more than just a little reading & a pool session. We know it takes more & yet learning how is easier than ever, due to better equipment & easy home study learning materials!
Certification is required to Dive! As a certified "Open Water Diver", you have the freedom to safely dive independently. You can take boat charters, get air fills & purchase scuba equipment. Virtually anyone who is in good health, reasonably fit, and comfortable in the water can earn an Open Water Diver certification.
Here are the steps to get started
- Pick a start date & pay your Registration Fee. You can reserve by phone, but we much prefer to discuss in person!
- Purchase your Student Kit or use PADI ELearning. Read your Student outline (acquire from store)
- Have your own Snorkel Equipment for all in-water training (mask, snorkel, fins)+(boots, gloves if diving local). Student pkg discount applies. Packages range from ~$65 to ~$300 depending what you need & the quality of equipment.
- Be Prepared - See you in Class!
Group courses are limited to 6 new students for the Best in Personal Attention and the most fun during your Open Water Dives! We handle the gear! Classes meet in Sunnyvale! Decide on which course dates fit your schedule! If our schedule doesn't fit, give us a call! We have other options and private classes available.
Your knowledge foundation is acquired easier & faster with new education materials & home learning. Applying the concepts & developing excellent watermanship & Scuba skills requires an experienced Instructor & practice. Our smaller classes & extended pool times give you the preparation before your final Ocean Training Sessions. Diving will reward you with a lifetime of enjoyment- Begin with a positive experience & fulfill the goal of becoming an Excellent Diver.
Throughout the course, you’ll learn fundamentals of scuba diving, including equipment use & techniques. You earn this rating by completing each development module outlined in the course materials, including the four open water dives. You need to complete your study materials before the course begins. Your Instructor will test & review each class/ pool module with you to prepare you for your "Open Water" training dives that follow.
The program is performance based. You'll demonstrate mastery of each course skills, and progress at a normal pace with your piers. For our group course, the practice schedule represents 1 Class session + 2 Pool sessions + 2 ocean days for open water training. Completing your open water dive requirements can be completed locally or at another destination, with the Referral option.
You don't have to be a great swimmer, but be comfortable in the water. A PADI Jr. Open Water Diver between the ages of 10 and 12 years may only dive with a PADI Professional, a certified parent or guardian to a maximum depth of 40 feet. The following water skills must be met before Open Water Training:
- Float in deep water for 10 minutes
- Swim 200 yards, or snorkel 300 yards without resting
Course Pricing is as follows; (no hidden fees)
- $220 - Class/ Pool Training with referral, including scuba pool gear.
- $115 - Local Ocean Training including scuba ocean gear & C-Card to complete the entire course locally.
- $75 - Student Education Kit, or ELearning (paid to PADI) if you prefer.
- $45 - Training Video DVD (can be shared)(not required for ELearning)
- $50 - OPTIONAL Drysuit Pkg Rental Fee for acquiring Drysuit Training during the Open Water Course. A great add-on! Save $25 on Drysuit Specialty course.
- Be at least 10 yrs. old
- Be reasonably fit & in good health (per medical)
- Satisfy the medical form requirements
- Weeknight Pool Option: (Meet 3 nights ~7-10 PM). There are 2 weeknight formats; (Mondays & Wednesday), or (Tuesdays & Thursday) for 2 weeks followed by a 2-days ocean training weekend at the end of the second week.
- Weekend Pool Option: Two weekend formats (Fri 7PM - 10PM + Sat 8AM - 5PM) OR (Sat 8AM - 5PM + Sun 1PM - 4PM) - followed by 2-Day ocean training weekend. (complete in two weekends including ocean training)
- Private Course Option: Set up your own class itinerary. Training Fee based on number of students. Combine private and group sessions to meet your schedule and budget. Call for pricing and arrangements.
- Referral Program: Allows you to complete your academics & pool training locally & take your ocean training at another local. This option applies to any of our scheduling formats & does not need the $130 ocean training fee.
Give Scuba Diving a try, whether just for fun, or before deciding on a full course. In one session you experience the thrill of diving in a pool. You'll discover excitement and a new adventure. Nothing compares to the "weightless" exhilaration of breathing underwater. Only a diver knows the feeling! What you learn on this first night applies towards certification! So "Discover Scuba" and you're on your way to the next step - Enrolling in our "Open Water Diver" course!
"Bubblemaker" is the same program, only fitted for juniors of ages 8-9. This sessions gives them a chance to participate in a pool setting with family & friends!
Take it from us! You're water experience at PSD is a full dive lesson & may be credited towards the Open Water Diver Course.
- Minimum Age is 8 yrs.
- Completed "Discover Scuba Registration" or "Bubblemaker Registration"- Signed & Approved before your class!
- A sense of adventure, Swimsuit α Towel. We provide the rest!
- $50 Class/ Pool Fee including equipment. Group discount available
Learn to Snorkel the Right Way!
Often, we find new students are not quite ready for a Scuba Program, due to lack of good watermanship. It's generally a result of lack of experience in swimming, or not having much background in aquatic sports. Our Watermanship Course will overcome common deficiencies & prepare the new student for diving! It's our most popular program, going beyond simple swimming & snorkeling. It prepares students with the necessary skills to meet PADI watermanship requirements beforehand. After this session you will find learning Scuba to be so easy, you'd wonder why you waited so long! Great for most all ages, even if you only wanted to learn snorkeling!
- Minimum Age 8
- Complete the Medical Form
- Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Swimsuit & Towel. We provide the rest!
- $60 Instruction Fee